Sunday, April 27, 2008

First time at the Beach (Pt 2)


No sun today to take a nice picture, but here is the second page to the double layout that I promised. I placed the page by a bright window and set my camera to manual and raised the exposure compensation up and this seemed to work for me.


I finished the first page (part 1) in Feb as a single layout but then I wanted to scrap the remaining photos of this day. When I looked into my scrapbook last week, I realized to keep my Scrapbook organized, I needed to turn this page into a double layout. So the search began for all the correct supplies, the only problem I had was the white mesh. I used it all up and I can't find this stuff in the local craft stores. So I did without. As you can see, I really tried to get as many pictures onto the page as possible without making it look too bad.
I ran into a problem when I thought my page was completed. I glued everything down and then decided I wanted some journaling at the bottom of the page. I figured a nice half circle would look nice but ran into a problem when I realized the line were the paper met paper would driving me crazy (my friends know how I get with these things LOL). I tried ribbon, a piece of paper, chipboard but after a few tries, I decided to stitch it with red floss. It works for me, my eyes are not drawn to that spot anymore. The white mesh would have been nice but I think the page is fine without it. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you all have a great day!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

OMG, this page is terrific! You are amazing! I'm sure it helps to have such a stinkin cute subject! Great job!

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Oh my, this is fabulous. How CUTE is that boy?! I love how you made a bunch of the elements circular. What an amazing layout!!!

Double Gate Fold

I tried this double gate fold card for a friends birthday. I used stampin up 12x12 cardstock sheet of paper for the base. You can also use a...